On Sat, 10 Aug 2013 12:09:29 +0900 Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)
<ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Aug 2013 15:24:48 -0300 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
> <barbi...@profusion.mobi> said:
>
> > On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 3:18 PM, Michael Blumenkrantz
> > <michael.blumenkra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > you send the event at a certain percentage of the battery, so
> > > you'll get it when going into low battery and out. assuming you
> > > also get percentage events, it should be pretty easy to track.
> > > failing that, the user can always just check whether the battery
> > > is currently charging when that event is received.
> >
> > actually you could listen to upower's
> > http://upower.freedesktop.org/docs/UPower.html#UPower:OnLowBattery
> > without checking individual battery levels for each present battery.
> > It's automatic, the "low threshold" is configured in a system-wide
> > way by UPower, it requires less bandwidth as updates are less
> > frequent and easier to use.
> >
> > For tizen, they use vconf and a single key to indicate low-battery
> > or low memory. (sure, strange they use a configuration system to
> > propagate that state change).
> >
> > thus I don't think the levels should be handled or expected in here.
>
> i agree. "low power" would be some system configured battery state
> when the "system" believe we are low on power. we just need the
> reverse - to tell apps everything is normal again power-wise. we
> probably need "ac plugged/unplugged" event too. so effectively power
> would have 3 states "full power - feel free to do whatever you like
> and not care about power", "normal power - be a bit careful and
> realize doing things will impact battery life" and "low power - cut
> out everything non-essential". simple and covers the 3 common cases
> we see in laptops, phones, tablets, etc. all the time. again - i
> don't see a problem with structs delivering the info, and it can be
> very useful, but i agree, getters are also useful.

Wouldn't "AC plugged in" and "low power" be the only ones needed?
Power levels only go up while AC is plugged in, and if there's not
enough juice in the battery when it's unplugged, it would go straight to
"low power".  So "normal power" can be inferred.

Though that's really the difference between three states and two bits.

Just woke up, excuse the brain fart.

/me gets brekky and caffeine.