2013/9/11 Bertrand Jacquin <be...@meleeweb.net>:
> Hi,
>
> On 2013-09-11 00:36, Eduardo Lima (Etrunko) wrote:
>> We now have tarballs up for testing in under the new pre-releases
>> directory:
>>
>> http://download.enlightenment.org/pre-releases/efl-1.7.9/
>> http://download.enlightenment.org/pre-releases/enlightenment-0.17.5/
>
> IMHO, it's bad to name tarball 'e_dbus-1.7.9.tar.bz2' (here for e_dbus
> exemple). Think about google bot and other crawlers that will put in the
> first result 'e_dbus-1.7.9.tar.bz2' corresponding to the pre-release
> directory, and this even when release will happenning, people will not
> see pre-releases subdirectory at first.
>
> Also, it may lead to misunderstood from people that will already have a
> file named e_dbus-1.7.9.tar.bz2 in their directory.
>
> Naming them e_dbus-1.7.9_pre1.Tar.bz2 in preferable or anything else
> that is not the final tarball name.

It is already enough work to update configure.ac, ChangeLogs and NEWS
for all 17 packages we ship, and I for myself am not doing it all over
again only to remove a 'pre' tag. The idea is to move the tarballs to
the release directory and remove the pre-release one whenever the
packages are tested and good to go.

--
Eduardo de Barros Lima ◤✠◢
ebl...@gmail.com