On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 22:03:29 +0100 Guillaume Friloux
<guillaume.fril...@gmail.com> said:

> Hello guys, i dont put quotes as there would be too many things to quote
> and i want my mail to be short.
>
> Entrance is used by a bunch(maybe i should define 'bunch') of peoples,
> already using this git repo.
> The fact that yoz is the only active dev on it ATM doesnt makes it a
> personnal project. A project is defined "personnal" when there is only
> one user, not one dev.
> In my opinion, this project has enough users to be in /misc/ or /apps/,
> and not be isolated in /devs/ repo (or start to also move ecrire,
> ephoto, etc). It is also a very interesting project that needs audience,
> hidding it in /devs/ is BAD.
>
> You guys are asking rules to be respected on a project you dont even own
> (leading to "lets put this out of repos").
> If his patches bothers you, while you are not even working on it, you
> can configure your mail client to filter those commits and mark them as
> read instead of making changes that would affect michael and all the
> entrance users.
>
> Michael already does atomic commits on all the /efl/ patches he does, so
> he doesnt have to be told about that.
> If you join his project and start working on it, then im pretty sure he
> will start to do a lot of nice things for you, even explaining his code
> and answering every question.
>
> Re-reading my mail, it can seem rude, but its not, its just 'clear'.

i don't think it's rude. i have no problem with yoz's work on entrance. i know
its entrance and i can just skip reading diffs/git commits. it's easy to do. if
i become interested in it deeply - i will read them. as such i messed with
entrance again aftera  while away a few months back and got it working but
there was something utterly weird going on with session handling + systemd so
that basically the session dbus was missing the systemd api's to inhibit
suspend etc which is actually what i wanted to work. i tried figuring out why
and couldnt - so i had to back off, but in the process of using entrance i
fixed a slew of issues to make it work. :)

as such at this moment entrance is not ready for release or "prime time". it's
still needs work - especially lots of integration testing etc. BUT... it has
promise and the day it's ready - make noise and encourage people to try it
or ... try it again. :) i'm more than happy to work with someone as to what the
issue is/was with the session bus and systemd... but i'm not sure who...