Hi guys. I am trying to get the OpenGL composite support working with
the latest e17 enlightenment on Samsung Chromebook (armhf) running
debian jessie. When I try switching to OpenGL it pops up the message box
saying it can't be done. According to Jeff Hoogland, the OpenGL stuff is
compiled into evas etc.  I have GLS2 installed and in fact I now have
es2gears running fine.

Is e doing something special or unusual to check for the proper OpenGL
support?

I did run enlightenment_start under strace and I did see a message of
the form:

libEGL error: failed to load driver: armsoc

Obviously armsoc loads fine or X would not even work. And I don't get
this complaint from anything else, including es2gears. The armsoc_drv.so
is under /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers via a soft link. I tried changing
its group to video (saw this suggestion somewhere) and added the user to
the group but it didn't help.

At this point I don't know if the libEFL error is a red herring or the
real issue. Can someone give me some clues as to how I might track this
down?

Thanks.

--
Chris Seekamp