On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 11:55:01 +0900 Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)
<ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 01:30:34 +1000 David Seikel <onef...@gmail.com>
> said:

> > > With efl 1.8.4 and elementary 1.8.3, on my machine and with my
> > > application, if the engine is set to software in
> > > elementary_config and I use
> > > elm_config_preferred_engine_set("opengl_x11") then it is working,
> > > I have hardware acceleration. If it's not working on your
> > > machine, maybe you should open a bug?
> >
> > This is the part that was not working, though worked in EFL 1.7.
> > Perhaps it works after I installed osmesa, but that just sounds
> > silly to me.
>
> it has nothing to do with osmesa.

So why did that other thread mostly consist of you and Cedric telling
me it's an OS packaging issue that involved the lack of osmesa?  That
was a complete waste of time, and I'm just gonna uninstall osmesa and be
done with that.

As I stated, I'm just gonna leave my playground app forcing OpenGL and
X11.  Later this year or next year, by the time I start moving out of
test system mode and try to make it real, perhaps Cedric will have made
some changes and I'll test that out again.  As it is I'm still battling
to get my playground app to the working state it was in last year.
Today I'm looking at why the Evas_GL version broke last night when it
was working fine yesterday arvo.  This shit is too fragile.