On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 12:32 AM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:
> the check temporarily adds -mfpu-neon to then #include arm_neon.h + arm asm
> check as the next check and then enables neon builds if this works... then
> restores CFLAGS. so it turns neon on regardless if -mfpu-neon is on in my
> CFLAGS. if neon compiling requires -mfpu=neon (in the past it most certainly
> has with gcc), then this breaks unless my CFLAGS also contain or enable neon
> in some way. -mfpu=neon is not added manually to any Makefile.am to be
> attached to specific files either, so neon support compilation is enabled
> regardless if the relevant compiler options are on or not during compilation
> of
> that neon code. :)

That's not the case at the moment. Compiling with -mfpu-neon is only
necessary when using #include <arm_neon.h>, and the EFL code doesn't
do that. Instead, it uses __asm__ (".fpu neon") where necessary to get
NEON code. Proper support in Makefile.am will be necessary when using
intrinsics, but that's not what we do now.
--
Albin