On 02/28/2014 01:04 PM, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Feb 2014 00:31:41 +0100 Hendrik Siedelmann
> <hendrik.siedelm...@googlemail.com> said:
>
>> On 02/27/2014 11:31 PM, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:

>>> same wrong colors. i suspect its a library you are depending on thats
>>> getting it wrong here. ie its being fed data in the wrong order then it
>>> just spews it back wrong then OR... the lib internaly swizzles order for
>>> some reasons or its docs on the correct order expected changed or it broke
>>> abi/api and changed ordering...
>> Ha! I'm pretty sure I found the problem, check git!
>> You got a faster path that I actually never tested because my version of
>> libav is too old :-(
>> Should work now.
>>
>> Btw what do you think about the app?
>
> i was mostly distracted by the colors! :) it does have a fair few crashes...
> here's one:
:-D

> limeview: /home/raster/Downloads/lime/src/lib/filter_denoise.c:141:
> insert_match: Assertion `*count < 20' failed.

Reproducable? Any specific settings or images that led to the crash?
If you have more crashes let me know!

> the toolbar doesnt have filter selected by default - thought it should be as
> thats the controls on the left... :) i found the slider bizarre... in that it
> switvched images in a list i never gave it (i ran limeview file.jpg - not a
> list - it picked the list from the dir though). :) unexpected things.

Toolbar is now fixed.
The slider is there because I developed the app to sort trough a lot of
images, I'm rewriting the directory handling at the moment so it will go
to the image that was passed at startup first. The slider is necessary
if you open a huge directory tree. With 80000 images it's not practical
to just move one image at a time :-).
The app shines mainly if you have either slow hardware (eg slow arm like
Raspberry Pi) or big files (dozens or hundreds of Megapixels) or
sort trough a lot of files.

> i understand that the filtering was the core, not the ui, but the ui could be
> better i think. for example i'd look into doing the ui with the image always
> completely filling the window - not paneled out like this, with filters
> applied
> with an overlay on top. add a filter by dndint it from a small list of icons
> on
> the right into a list of filters to apply. where you dnd it depends on its
> order. re-order by dnding the list of icons representing the filters. click
> one
> of these filters int he filter list and to the left of it expands some
> parameters in a little bubble/popup pane - zoom controls (fit, 1:1, +, -)
> would
> be overlayed control icons... etc. :)

Yeah, I'm not too happy with the gui either, what you propose is much
cleaner.
And leaves more space to show the image. But that will come later.
Probably much later :-(.

> btw - exposure filter leaves me with a mostly yellow or greenish image with
> maybe a few tiles being bright or dark like intended. :)

hmm that could be an artifact of filtering in YCbCr color space, the
image was a
jpeg file I assume? Could you send me a screenshot?