On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 3:07 PM, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
<barbi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Gustavo,

> On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 9:02 AM, Felipe Magno de Almeida
> <felipe.m.alme...@gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

>> That is possible, we can change the name though to something unlikely
>> to clash.
>
> I mean if you call the macro 3 times, one in the main function,
> another inside "if()". Then in C it would declare the variable with
> the same name 2 times, that will warn that the inner block
> (if-statement) shadows the one in function scope.

Yeah, that doesn't happen in C++ though. So there wouldn't be that problem.
In C++ the variable defined in a for-loop lives only in the for-loop scope and
is destroyed when the loop ends.

[snip]

>> OK. So let me know if this is really what you want:
>>
>> EINA_LOG(err) << "error " << error_code;
>> EINA_LOG(dbg) << "error " << error_code;
>> EINA_LOG(crit) << "error " << error_code;
>>
>> efl::eina::log_domain my_domain("mylib", "yellow");
>> EINA_LOG(my_domain.err) << "error " << error_code;
>> EINA_LOG(my_domain.dbg) << "error " << error_code;
>> EINA_LOG(my_domain.crit) << "error " << error_code;
>
> exactly what I want!
>
> I liked the idea of using "endl" to flush, allowing multiple on single
> statement such as:
> EINA_LOG(crit) << "error " << error_code << endl << "another line" << endl;
>
> but that's minor. I like the way you have it now.

Ok.

>> Is the EINA_LOG(err) going to log on the default domain or the global domain?
>> If it is this that you want I think this is doable.  If not, let me
>> know where is my
>> misunderstanding.
>
> that's it. EINA_LOG(err) logs to err... whatever err is. If the guy
> says "using namespace efl::eina::log", then it's the global log
> domain. If he does a global variable on his project called "err", then
> he is using his own log domain.

That is more complicated, also I dislike using namespace in headers for
obvious reasons. What is easy is to just log to
EINA_LOG_DOMAIN_DEFAULT and have the user #define it as already
is for C. Give me sometime to think.

> --
> Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
> Mobile: +55 (19) 99225-2202