On 12/03/14 09:22, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> Hello.
>
> On Wed, 2014-03-12 at 08:58, Tom Hacohen wrote:
>> Just reading the last few commits that got backported, it seems that 1.9
>> was all about breaking ABI. That's just great.
>>
>> --
>> Tom.
>>
>> On 12/03/14 03:44, Daniel Juyung Seo wrote:
>>> seoz pushed a commit to branch elementary-1.9.
>>>
>>> http://git.enlightenment.org/core/elementary.git/commit/?id=6ebc1d808bd6e310017b3ab65ec45c27a81960b7
>>>
>>> commit 6ebc1d808bd6e310017b3ab65ec45c27a81960b7
>>> Author: Daniel Juyung Seo <seojuyu...@gmail.com>
>>> Date:   Wed Mar 12 12:42:59 2014 +0900
>>>
>>>       elm_win: Unbreak the ABI break of window type.
>
> I will pull this one into elementary 1.9.1 which will get released
> later today. Don't really like to pull something in that late but
> releasing 1.9.1 with this known ABI break where we already have a
> backported fix would be stupid. Bending my own rules here.

This has nothing to do with rules. Although really sad, ABI breaks
should not happen and should be minimized. Critical issues like this
warrant an immediate follow-up release.

By the way, we need to find/start using a mechanism to detect ABI
breaks. It's very easy to do (the basics are), and there are many tools
that do it (check changes in exported symbols). We should add that to
nightlies.

--
Tom.