from what I understand, he already has a sales point system running in
a web browser accessing a django web app, and he wants to replace the
web part into a native UI app.

If this is it, yes EFL can do that.

here are two example of what you can do with EFL :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU3wgP0_iyc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWPofumjsU8&index=4