On Tue, 15 Jul 2014 23:49:32 +0100 Tom Hacohen <tom.haco...@samsung.com> said:

> Hey everyone (probably Gustavo),
>
> As part of my work on efl interfaces I've encountered the need of having
> a unified library that is both compiled and ships headers which are used
> by all of the efl.
>
> Unfortunately, I can't seem to figure out (to be honest, I just get
> frustrated with autofoo and our setup there) how to add a libefl that
> ships libefl.so and Efl.h that are added as dependencies for the rest of
> the libs during compile (in tree) and install (correctly updating the
> .pc files).
>
> I'd love it if someone could help me out there. I really don't want to
> dive into autofoo and try making sense of our macros if it can be helped
> (someone already knows from the top of their head).
>
> Looking forward for the rescue.
>
> Just to clarify a bit more with an example:
> I'd like to include Efl.h from Edje.h and have libedje.so linked with
> libefl.so without going around and updating all of the Makefile.am files
> we have all over the place, and have it working in tree and after
> installed. I think I've done it (was it me?) a while a go when I added
> Eo in tree so it shouldn't be too hard.

everything needs eina - so why not just find everything that deals with linking
to eina etc. and do that for libefl too... and should libefl link to libeina..
or shoudl libeina link to libefl... ? :)or should we perhaps just merge libs
and stop creating new ones all the time? less memory mappings - less wasted
pages, less disk seeks on disks... :)