On 27/10/14 13:03, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> A bunch of fresh new tarballs with our latest work waiting for your
> testing before we can go into the final stages of releases.
>
> = EFL, Elementary and friends 1.12 beta tarballs =
>
> One week after our alpha 1 tarballs we just released our first beta
> tarballs. Please grab and test.
>
> == Download ==
> Its getting a long post so the most important stuff upfront. Downloads. :-)
>
> http://download.enlightenment.org/rel/libs/efl/efl-1.12.0-beta1.tar.gz
> http://download.enlightenment.org/rel/libs/efl/efl-1.12.0-beta1.tar.gz.sha256
>
> http://download.enlightenment.org/rel/libs/elementary/elementary-1.12.0-beta1.tar.gz
> http://download.enlightenment.org/rel/libs/elementary/elementary-1.12.0-beta1.tar.gz.sha256
>
> http://download.enlightenment.org/rel/libs/emotion_generic_players/emotion_generic_players-1.12.0-beta1.tar.gz
> http://download.enlightenment.org/rel/libs/emotion_generic_players/emotion_generic_players-1.12.0-beta1.tar.gz.sha256
>
> http://download.enlightenment.org/rel/libs/evas_generic_loaders/evas_generic_loaders-1.12.0-beta1.tar.gz
> http://download.enlightenment.org/rel/libs/evas_generic_loaders/evas_generic_loaders-1.12.0-beta1.tar.gz.sha256
>
> ----
>
> = What's New =
>
> New since alpha1:
>
> == EFL ==
> Features:
>     * ecore_drm: Added internal function to check if drm device is
> hotplug device
>
> Fixes:
>     * Eo id: Fix id security checks for invalid objects.
>     * ecore-drm: Cleanup/Unify output_free function code
>     * ecore-drm: Check for valid crtc before calling free
>     * ecore-drm: Cleanup backlight and drm device in output_free function
> code
>     * ecore-drm: Added documentation for various APIs in ecore_drm_device
> module
>     * ecore-drm: Added documentation for various APIs in ecore_drm_output
> module
>     * ecore_wayland: Making _ecore_wl_init_count not to go below zero in
> shutdown.
>     * ecore_drm: Making _ecore_drm_init_count not to go below zero in
> _ecore_drm_shutdown.
>     * ecore-drm: Add error message for calling shutdown without calling
> init first.
>     * ecore-wayland: Add error message for calling shutdown without
> calling init
>     * ecore_wayland: Making _ecore_wl_shutdown return int instead of
> EINA_BOOL.
>     * evas-gl-drm: Fix initialization from incompatible pointer type
>     * evas gl rgba visual/rendering fix try ... again
>     * dnd/x: fix type set for case there is no type list exists
>     * edje: edje_edit - don't unlick(NULL) (T1760)
>     * edje: edje_edit - fix posible resource leak (T1760)

I have to say, looking at the changes, a good chunk of them looks like
it shouldn't have gone in...

First of all, the fact that we even have a "Features" section during the
freeze is alarming, not to mention the change inside, but also, the two
cleanup "fixes" (2 and 4) don't sound like freeze appropriate either.

--
Tom.