On 29/01/15 19:56, Cedric BAIL wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 7:40 PM, Thanatermesis
> <thanatermesis.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Are you planning to add all the possible path on earth ?
>>
>> not really, they are already static entries (so just these ones) that comes
>> from the default/fallback XDG_DATA_DIRS standard (if im not wrong), as you
>> can see in the middle of the screenshot (snprintf stuff):
>> https://www.enlightenment.org/ss/e-54aa94e4da9742.14698270.jpg
>>
>> so since they are already static values, do you think that is needed to do
>> the eina str split loop? if it is, I will improve the patch then
>
> That's what you have on your computer :-) Are you sure every one else
> does have the same config. If it was the case, maybe we could just get
> rid of that environment variable and hardcode all the path in that
> list...

I think he's referring to the already hardcoded list of values we add there:

           snprintf(buf, sizeof(buf), "%s:/usr/local/share:/usr/share",
newpath);
           e_util_env_set("XDG_DATA_DIRS", buf);

Which means there's already hardcoding being done there, and he's just
trying to fix that.

Note: I'm against hard-coding of all forms.

Anyway, a revert without an explanation of what was wrong sends us
wondering, like we are now, and should be avoided regardless of it's
justified or not.

--
Tom.