Hello,

This topic is a very important one and will decide the future look of
our API. It does involve also our bindings and not only the C API. For
people who don't know yet, we are rolling in currently a new API using
Eo. This is currently marked as beta, but we are targetting to release
it along with 1.14. So very soon in term of development. This new API
being parallel to the current one enable us to fix some of our naming
mistake to make it easier for beginner to understand and use our API.
Also if it can be made future proof that's another benefit.

So here is the question : Do you think we should put our class into a
specific namespace or make things flat and directly in the top level
efl namespace ?

To give an example we are talking about something like (with namespace
vs no namespace) :
efl_gfx_color_set vs efl_color_set
efl_gfx_path_dup vs efl_path_dup
Think that all our object are turning into Eo object (Ecore_Timer,
Ecore_Con, Eio, ...).

I think there is a middle ground that can be done by actually
generating a separated header that is not automatically included per
namespace. So you would :
#include <Efl_Gfx.h>

And you would then have efl_color_set, efl_path_dup and so on.

So what is your opinion guys ? You can vote there
https://phab.enlightenment.org/V11, but please share your comment on
it here. That will be easier to discuss further. Also I don't want to
have this running for long, so hurry to get involved !
--
Cedric BAIL