Hello,

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 10:55 AM, SHILPA ONKAR SINGH
<shilpa.si...@samsung.com> wrote:
> I had observed that we don't have editable combobox type of widget in
> elementary and
> thought that instead of creating a new widget, why not just add editable
> feature in hoversel widget itself.
> if we call elm_hoversel_editable_set API on hoversel, the widget will behave
> as combobox, if we click on right arrow area
> it will show entire menu or filtered menu based on text entered in entry and
> recently I checked below todo list
> https://phab.enlightenment.org/w/efl_todo/
> and happen to see the same above requirement which we are working on. Please
> let me know if the above method looks
> OK so that we can submit the patch else we will implement new widget by
> inheriting from hoversel itself.

I find hoversel to limited to become a really useful combobox. I have
started a branch in elementary (devs/cedric/combobox) a long time ago
to actually provide a powerful widget using elm_entry and elm_genlist.
It is not mergeable at all yet. It is kind of working, but with tons
of bugs and some missing theme elements. If you have some times, maybe
you could look at it and try to fix it. I won't have time to work on
it in the coming month and I won't push that in the current release
cycle without some help.

Regards,
--
Cedric BAIL