On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 07:47:12PM +0900, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Mar 2015 06:46:17 -0300 José Romildo Malaquias
> <j.romi...@gmail.com>
> said:
>
> > I have been using terminology as my default terminal for some time, but
> > recently it has stopped working with some window managers.
> >
> > After starting terminology, its window is drawn without decoration, but
> > it does not receive focus and I cannot type anything in it. It is still
> > sensitive to mouse actions, allowing access to its menu.
> >
> > The attached file is a screenshot showing a terminology window and a
> > gnome-terminal window. The window manager is openbox.
> >
> > This is happening with several window managers I have tried: openbox,
> > fluxbox, window maker. So it probably is a problem with terminology
> > itself, and not with the window manager.
> >
> > It works with enlightenment and xfce, though.
> >
> > Is anybody else seing this behaviour or has any clues on how to fix it?
>
> what is that white/grey 2 pixel box outside of terminology? i don't remember
> there being a theme that draws that inside... so i'd guess that that is the wm
> decorating it and managing it.

It could be the wm trying to decorate and manage the terminology
window. But it is not working. I cannot type anything in the terminology
window, making it useless.

See the new attached screenshot, done with the fluxbox window
manager. Now it seems that there is no box around the terminology window
and I still cannot type anything in the terminology window.

Romildo