On 08/04/15 07:37, Jean-Philippe André wrote:
> @Eo guys,
>
> On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 3:25 PM, Conrad Meyer <jp.an...@samsung.com> wrote:
>
>> jpeg pushed a commit to branch master.
>>

>> http://git.enlightenment.org/core/efl.git/commit/?id=0c21b91f0fe5dd61080aaba7902907837d842c26
>>
>> commit 0c21b91f0fe5dd61080aaba7902907837d842c26
>> Author: Conrad Meyer <jp.an...@samsung.com>
>> Date:   Wed Apr 8 14:34:46 2015 +0900
>>
>>      Edje: Remove excessive casts and use type Edje_Object
>>
>>      Use type Edje_Object instead of Eo in legacy EAPI's.
>

> I saw lots of inconsistent type usage when going through Evas legacy
> headers.
> Do we want to use stronger type names? I.e.:
>
> Evas_Image for evas_object_image functions,
> Evas_Object for generic evas_object functions,
> And Eo only as a last resort?
>
> I spotted those in the ABI report.

The Evas_Image and etc. are new. We should use them when appropriate
(think normal OOP, common ancestor). However I'd be wary about using
them now as iirc they should be BETA_API. Maybe I'm wrong and they
aren't yet.

Either way, in the .eo files, you should definitely use the correct
class, in the form of: Elm.Button or Edje.Object.

--
Tom.