On 09/04/15 17:11, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Yesterday I got informed there there are some patches that should still
> go into 1.14 because the enhance ecore-drm and will be needed for e20
> wayland side.
>
> It turned out to be more than I hoped for so I bring it up here. I
> merged some of the fixes already and rebased the rest on master and
> pushed it here:
> https://git.enlightenment.org/core/efl.git/log/?h=devs/stefan/ecore-drm-features-rebased
>
> Plus side:
> + This branch also contains fixes, not all off them are features and new
> APIs
> + It was only one day after the freeze and we had other things coming in
> that late. Normally I don't shout at people until after beta
> + It is needed for having better wayland drm support in e20 (which might
> not be able to wait until efl 1.15)
> + It is isolated to ecore-drm and the evas drm engine only. So now users
> besides E wayland
>
> Negative side
> + This branch was way bigger than I hoped for and mixed features with
> fixes and formatting patches so it was hard to review
> + 12 new API's that late make me grumpy
> + This was not written in a day and could have been merged in in smaller
> pieces over time.
>
> In the end two point really make me thing we should just merge this in
> now. Needed for E20 wayland support which might happen before efl-1.15
> and the most important thing: isolated to ecore-drm and evas drm engine
> only.
> Even if this screws up hell we should not really see problems with it. I
> had a look at the API naming and they are in line with what we have and
> nothing stroke me problematic.
>
> Have your own view if you think this should not go in and speak up
> quickly as I want to merge this tomorrow if I hear no hard complains
> about it.

That's fine to make an exception. It's our first (or second?) try with a
much longer last freeze period. Under normal circumstances the freeze
period would have started next week anyway. I think it's OK to give it a
pass this time. It's only 2 days late anyway.

My concern though, as always, is the quality of the API. The annoying
1000000 lines of code dumps are very annoying and impossible to review
(see the latest Efl.Gfx dump). Have you reviewed everything and happy
with the results?

--
Tom.