On Tue, 14 Apr 2015 16:22:57 +0200 Leif Middelschulte
<leif.middelschu...@gmail.com> said:

> Hi,
>
> while packaging efl and friends for Mac OS, I noticed that it depends on
> libtiff, mandatorily. Does that still make sense?

yes. to load tiff files. libtiff is very common as a dependency (you find it in
most places without having to hand-compile it), buts is it a dep so users get
tiff support. we want AS MUCH support as possible. not as little. the only
reason a loader would be optional is because the dependency for it may be rare
or very unstable