Hey,

Daniel and I have been working recently on a new format for
documentation in Eo files. We want to use that in order to generate
basic documentation for methods/classes/parameters for use by IDEs and
in order to generate basic structure of documentation that will be
enhanced on the wiki with more usage tutorials, language specific
examples and etc. This means these documentations should be very short
and concise. No per method examples inline or anything like that. The
idea with the docs, as it is with the rest of Eolian is to be language
agnostic.

Some things are done differently in different languages, but how the EFL
behaves remains the same. This means that most of the docs could be
written in a language-agnostic way with short tutorials per language
that translate the psuedocode examples into language specific examples.
Language specific tutorials are obviously still encouraged and will be
written with time. All of this will be done on the wiki, and not in .eo
files.

We created a short wiki page that demonstrates the syntax we currently
use for docs in .eo files, you can see it here:
https://phab.enlightenment.org/w/eolian/docs/
We use [[ as the starting delimiters and ]] as the ending delimiters. We
discourage the use of spaces between the delimiters and the text, so
this is a correct way of documenting a function:
[[This function does something]]
It's clear and clean, and will be even more clear with syntax highlighting.

The link above includes all the examples and patterns we currently
support (and plan on supporting), so please read that page before you
comment here.

We will update the wiki as we go with more clarifications and ideas, but
we would love to get your feedback and hear your thoughts.

--
Daniel and Tom.