On Wed, 8 Jul 2015 22:24:38 +0900 Daniel Juyung Seo
<seojuyu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm I have tried with 52 pixels height but it still shakes. Actually
> it looks like shaking more.
> I increased the number of virtual desktop from 4x2 to 4x3.

Usually what happens with me is that it will be stable until the next E
update (I'm updating on each major release these days).  Then it shakes
again, and I change the size.  If the size is 100, change it to 104, if
it's 104, change it to 100.  Then it's stable again until the next
update.  Unless I change the size of the shelf again, then it shakes
again.

I'm not sure if reboots or restarting E does the same.  I rarely reboot
or restart E.

I'm not sure if your video is in real time, but my shaking is a lot
quicker than that.  More of a flicker.  Actually, while experimenting
with it just now, the shake eventually slowed down if I left it long
enough.

I changed to 2x4, and it started shaking.  Changed back to 2x3 and it
stopped.  At 2x4 the shaking didn't go away on size change, except for
very small or very large.

Hmmm, in yours the shelf just has a pager in it, in mine I have a pager
and other things.  Maybe it's a pager sizing issue?  Yep, just
confirmed that, by moving the pager.  Everything to the right of the
pager, including the pager itself, shakes.

My guess is rounding error jitter between frames.