Really, I don't like to a remove API's, but they have not body.

Stub function as implementation - we can do it, but it's smell as
an attempt to revive the corpse. I would not have left this API's,
but If some one say that they need and should stay, I revert commit
and make new, where it marked as deprecated and have a some
stub.