I may be duplicating what raster said but to avoid the makefile duplication
can we not move them to individual build only and ship top level
bash&win-batch&whatever scripts to simply iterate when a full build is
needed?

I'm working on the idea of partial builds or testing within EDI but being
per-lib will be much more helpful in the meantime.

Thanks,
Andrew