On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 3:01 AM, Jean-Philippe André <j...@videolan.org> wrote:
> On 9 June 2016 at 11:38, Daniel Kolesa <dan...@octaforge.org> wrote:

[snip]

> I thought most pointers had already been removed from EO?

There are quite a few. The @ref is the first step, we need only have
arrays to remove the rest of pointers in Eolian.

> Anyway what I know from C++ references is basically that they can't be
> NULL. That's a pretty strong constraint when the implementation is all in C
> :)

You can't have a reference of a reference for example, and references
don't have value (like pointers do). For the NULL problems we have
@optional @ref. For C they are all pointers but for bindings they
communicate semantics better.

> Looking forward to seeing more information and use cases for those refs.
>
> --
> Jean-Philippe André

Regards,
--