On Sat, 23 Jul 2016 08:29:54 +0200 Davide Andreoli <d...@gurumeditation.it>
said:

> > On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 11:12:43 +0200 Davide Andreoli <d...@gurumeditation.it
> > >
> > said:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > seems we lost the wiki intro page
> > >
> > > https://phab.enlightenment.org/w/
> > >
> > > There was an handwritten index page there, now the wiki is totally
> > > unusable/unbrowsable
> > >
> > > some idea?
> >
> > yeah. i saw, and could find no info as to what happened to it. like
> > history or
> > anything.
> >

> news about this?
> the wiki is still unusable, lots of contents are unreachable/unfindable.
> Also we where maintaining the list of know/stable/unstable applications
> in that initial page.
>
> don't we have backups?

no. all content is in a mysql/maraidb database. there is no history of that page
existing. i looked. i can't even find a transaction entry int he transaction
table. the content is gone.

BUT all content is reachable. ALL wiki content is indexed there by default.

as i replied to a recent bug ticket where someone took over the main index wiki
page and made it uneditable/viewable by anyone but them (the ONLY way to fix
this was to dig through the database using sql and change a table entry), that
this is probably a good reason to move stuff over to www.enlightenment.org
dokuwiki wiki. it is backed by git so all changes get an email with the diff to
commits mailing list and it contains ALL history so you can revert/go back
unlike phab.