On 09/10/16 10:15, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
> Hi Carsten,
>
> I think a good way forward would be to get a small server, I would even
> be willing to sponsor a vps and use puppet. It would make automation
> deployments and system management alot easier. I am going to be setting
> up puppet for my own systems. Would you be interested in such
> automation? Also what about infrastructure monitoring?

Just a side comment that has only been casually mentioned.

Beber is a bonafide sysadmin. He's been maintaining our infra for a long
time. We have a complex infra already in store. I think he uses "salt"
(a puppet alternative) to manage our numerous servers, though I'm not
sure. Help would always be appreciated, but it should go through him in
order to avoid trouble.

The problem here is not with server X, or server Y. The problem here is
with the host node hosting our VMs. It is the one having issues. Maybe
as raster implied later in this thread, it just needs to be updated. Who
knows.

--
Tom.