On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 10:14 PM, Cedric BAIL <cedric.b...@free.fr> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 3:17 PM, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
> <barbi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> barbieri pushed a commit to branch master.
>>
>> http://git.enlightenment.org/core/efl.git/commit/?id=227463bdde43bc9095b75f4ef19f9fef9a742f04
>>
>> commit 227463bdde43bc9095b75f4ef19f9fef9a742f04
>> Author: Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <barbi...@profusion.mobi>
>> Date:   Fri Dec 2 20:48:37 2016 -0200
>>
>>     eo: allow valgrind-like tracking of object lifecycle.
>>
>>     Eo pointer indirection is super nice as it avoids you to access
>>     invalid memory, but this extra checks inhibits valgrind's own tracking
>>     of memory lifecycle, usually it would report when the object was
>>     created and when the object is deleted, both as stack traces.
>>
>>     This commits introduces logging of object creation and destruction
>>     under its own eina_log_domain and controlled by EO_LIFECYCLE_DEBUG and
>>     EO_LIFECYCLE_NO_DEBUG envvars. These will only be available if
>>     compiled with EO_DEBUG, thus shouldn't cause any performance hits on
>>     production code.
>
> I haven't looked at it, but wouldn't it be also possible to integrate
> it with valgrind directly using valgrind macro ?

I did not look either, I find it useful even without valgrind, but
indeed when running inside valgrind it could be nice one.

Maybe it's possible, I need to check the valgrind calls as they have
no knowledge about the eo_id... and that's what we check, if disabling
pointer indirection (undef HAVE_EO_ID), then valgrind will catch it
even with eina_safety.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri