Hey Derek,

On 8 December 2016 at 07:41, Derek Foreman <der...@osg.samsung.com> wrote:

> commit cef41ae70a1c11565e1016debf6ce24ca259498d
> Author: Derek Foreman <der...@osg.samsung.com>
> Date:   Wed Dec 7 16:39:17 2016 -0600
>
>     gl_drm: Query eglGetProcAddress with dlsym
>
>     eglGetProcAddress should be queried with dlsym unconditionally.  What
> we
>     had could query it with other extended forms of eglGetProcAddress,
> which
>     is probably not what anyone wants.
>
>     Also, throwing away the weird extended forms because there's a good
> chance
>     our other gl bits don't run on any stacks that don't support normal
>     eglGetProcAddress.

As you know eglGetProcAddress may not return NULL even if the extension is
not supported.
We should refactor the whole thing to check the extensions string (after
using a valid client context) before even calling eglGetProcAddress. That
would avoid extra flags like in your other patch "gl_drm: Only use dmabuf
if the extension is present".

Best regards,

--
Jean-Philippe André