Hi all,

In Efl.Net I've created couple of "constructors" functions to help the
user with common tasks, such as:

    src/lib/ecore_con/efl_net_ip_address.eo:

       - create(port, address)
       - create_sockaddr(sockaddr)
       - parse(string)
       - resolve(string, family, flags) (returns a promise)

In many languages that's easy to use:

    efl.net.ip_address.create(1234, "127.0.0.1")

But in C it's a bitch:

   efl_net_ip_address_create(EFL_NET_IP_ADDRESS_CLASS, 1234, "127.0.0.1");

While these are nice to be "class methods" since one could get these
to work with subclasses, they are often used with the original class.
Then my request is to either to introduce a "staticmethod" OR to use
some macro trick to count the number of parameters and pass the class
automatically when omitted or generate 2 functions, one with class and
another without (one could be an actual function, while the other just
a macro).

End goal is to make these look more like:

    efl_net_ip_address_create(1234, "127.0.0.1");

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri