On 23.12.16 06:35, Vincent Torri wrote:
> hey
>
> i don't like the idea of getc/ungetc in the thread, imho it's a bad hack
> you do that for ethumb_slave, i guess, but i think that the wait for
> input should be in ethumb slave, with a thread and ReadConsole(). and
> not the hack you did
>
> Vincent

I'm also not 100% happy with getc/ungetc thread, but this was the only
solution, that works in all cases.
I have tried various approaches, but all other are failing to wait for
input correctly at least in one of the following cases:
1. direct run and input from console
2. debug run and input from console (yep, this is somehow different from
case 1 :( )
3. redirected stdin input ( "app.exe <in.txt" )
4. direct run within pipeline ( "some_other_app.exe | app.exe" )
5. run as subprocess with stdin replaced with pipe from parent (i.e.
parent uses ecore_exe)

If I remember it right ReadConsole will fail in cases 3-5.

So if you find some better solution that will work in all this cases it
will be great.

I disagree with you about this code placement. My point is that as many
as possible platform-dependent things should be in libraries rather than
in client-side code.
--
*Best Regards,
Andrii Kroitor

Samsung R&D Institute Ukraine
57, Lva Tolstogo St., Kyiv 01032, Ukraine
email: an.kroi...@samsung.com <mailto:an.kroi...@samsung.com>