On Sat, 06 May 2017 16:06:54 +0000
Mike Blumenkrantz <michael.blumenkra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please refrain from cross-posting complaints like this from the bug
> tracker to the mailing list. You are reaching the same people in both
> cases, and it just creates more noise for them to sift through.

That was because it seemed the status would remain as such. Which it is
strange to continue discussion on something closed as invalid. Usually
tickets are not the best place for discussion, mailing lists are better
suited for such. Thus I came here, but then the discussion resumed
there....

It is more interesting that this topic came up before on list in 2014
as mentioned in ticket. I have a feeling it will continue to repeat. I
am curious why another option was not pursued.

As suggested here
https://sourceforge.net/p/enlightenment/mailman/message/30098076/

I guess that was leaving it up to others to make the 3rd option.

Also per that thread, seems like a minority liked the looked, and
others did not. This very likely may continue to be the case. Which
means first impression of E and its quality for some will be poor.

Most will not understand this is a "retro" neon clock look etc. They
will think it has a bug or something. They will not like the look, and
carry that opinion onto others aspects of E. Likely moving onto
something else....

--
William L. Thomson Jr.