Hi,

Cedric, Mike,

I spotted 3 new APIs in evas object:

efl_canvas_object.eo.legacy.h, libevas.so.1.20.0
evas_object_pointer_coords_inside_get ( Efl_Canvas_Object* obj, int x, int
y )
evas_object_pointer_inside_by_device_get ( Efl_Canvas_Object const* obj,
Efl_Input_Device* dev )
evas_object_pointer_inside_get ( Efl_Canvas_Object const* obj )

There is no need for both evas_object_pointer_inside_get() and
evas_object_pointer_inside_by_device_get(), just use NULL as device.

evas_object_pointer_coords_inside_get() also has nothing to do with
pointer, it's just comparing geometries. I wonder if we shouldn't instead
explicitely expose the bounding box as a public API on all objects, and
then let the app do the comparison. Why? Because it's not clear what
"logically inside" (as per the doc) really means: what if the smart obj is
full of "holes" and the given point is inside one of those holes? Then the
API would return true, even though it could be considered not "logically
inside".

I'll have a closer look at the rest of the APIs soon.

> Hello.
>
> On 07/13/2017 02:41 PM, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> On 07/07/2017 04:40 PM, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>>> I will also look through it next week and run our own checker as it had
>>> slightly different results in the past and I want to be sure be cover both.
>>>

>> And here is the version from our own checker scripts:
>> https://devs.enlightenment.org/~stefan/compat_reports/efl/1.
>> 19.0_to_1.20.0/compat_report.html
>>

> On the same URL you will now find an updated report. Seems I had a 1.19
> dump around which was not from the final release but a few days before. The
> emile API change was never in the final 1.19 release as Cedric pointed out
> to me.
>
> The good thing is that I can see no difference between our report and the
> one from ABI labs anymore now. :) Sorry for the hassle.
>

> regards
> Stefan Schmidt

Jean-Philippe André