Ronald,

You removed gnome configuration files? I infer that means you canned
Gnome2. I gather enlightenment works if you are willing to do that.

Your approach interesting, and your willingness to share it
appreciated, but it adds to the already long list of quite different
ways to install enlightenment under gnome2, if that's what you are
trying to do. The lack of any consensus at all (that I can see)
certainly doest not inspire confidence it can be tried without
significant risk of catastrophe.

Haines