On Sun, 2003-06-08 at 11:47, Christian Hansen wrote:
> Just compiled and installet the e16.6-pre3 and everything works fine. A
> lot of the bugs has been removed so thats pretty nice :-)
>
> But the mozilla focusbug remains unsolved.
>
> though it is not a big problem as I just clicks my pager to get mozilla
> focused.

This bug has been around since forever, I think, as it appears to be the
same bug as effects switching between non-Xinerama'd multiple heads.  I
seem to remember first asking you about this what - 4-5 years ago?  ;O)

If it *is* the same one, you don't have to click in the pager.  Changing
focus to any other object on the screen, and then coming back to
Mozilla, will resolve it.  I have Sloppy focus set, so I can just point
at the Gnome panel for a second (or click it to be sure) and come back,
and it's fixed.  But it's not just Mozilla.  I then have the same
problem sliding back to my main screen to use Evolution =O{  Another
solution is to have another window open closer to the "join" of the
screens, so I have to pass through it on the way to Mozilla.  The focus
switch there means that Mozilla gets the focus fine when I reach it.

Your comments back then was the problem in focusing was too core to the
infrastructure of E and it would be fixed in 0.17... =O}

Hope this commentary is vaguely useful.  I'm hoping to try e16.6pre3 on
Solaris10/SPARC in the next day or so, and will report back =O)

Ta,
--
o o                                       mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
/v\ark R. Bowyer  http://www.bowyer.screaming.net   [EMAIL PROTECTED]