Sorry the question sounds silly. I have been using Enlightenment for one year, it is my favorite. Only that I am in China, and the enlightenment.org website is unreachable from within the so called "China firewall". I believe enlightenment.org does not contain political stuff; I think it is excluded by mistake. Anyway I get no way to know about news and recent activities of enlightenment. Recently someone told me enlightenment has mailing lists on sourceforge, so I hurried subscribed it.

I just wish to know how is the development going. Enlightenment has no newer version for quite some time, too slow comparing to other famouse opensouce projects. I heard E17 is dead, but I'm technique newbie, I read the "dead announcement" but I don't really get it. Is E17 dead because there is something even better than E17 will come out? When can I experience complex animiation on enlightenment, like MAC OS X users have?

I have been using some eppletes from FreeBSD port tree, the epplets are ages old, and the port maintainer said "please send your patches to the *port maintainer*". I acutally feel surprised on this, doesn't enlightenment team accept patches from outside like apache/linux do?

And is there any Chinese/Japanese people in the group? I never managed to run Enlightenment with Chinese window titles successfully, will the next version of E have better Chinese support?

Thank you.

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: IBM Linux Tutorials Free Linux tutorial presented by Daniel Robbins, President and CEO of GenToo technologies. Learn everything from fundamentals to system administration.http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=1470&alloc_id=3638&op=click _______________________________________________ enlightenment-users mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/enlightenment-users