> >Try something like the following:
> >
> >startx /usr/X11/bin/e17 -- :1
> >                ^--- path and name of e17-binary can differ
> >                       "-- :1" starts a additional x on Strg-Alt-F8
> >
> hey thanks that look like if work but this E crash down like you say its
>
> kinda unstable :P it send this messages before exit
>
> II) Initializing extension GLX
> libefsd: connect() error.
> Creating 8 desktops
>
> waiting for X server to shut down

Have you installed efsd by typing "urpmi efsd"?

> >So, if you're waiting for ready rpm as replacement for e16.6 you should
> >wait a bit more.
> >
> humm I really want try that new E :) but compile from cvs its kinda hard
> for me because i have not much experience in that :P well thanks

You should look at:
 http://enlightenment.org/pages/enlightenment.html

So, please wait a bit more, and later, don't worry about the cvs.
There was a good help to get & compile e-libs, e and some tools from cvs,
and when e17 is back in a usable state it will be not too difficult to do
it.

Regards,
Friedrich