> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>>>Oh, and on that subject, I'm planning on starting my very own distro
>>>sometime in the future - how's that for hardcore geekyness? :)
>>>

>>Which reminds me... What would you guys think of a liveCD showing off the
>>things that are going to be in E17? I have some ideas for it, but they're
>>mostly written on bits of scrap paper lying round my room; I can't be
>> bothered
>>to collect and organise them all if there's no support for the idea in
>> the
>>first place :)
>>
> a livecd will be the best :D there is a distro E its called Evil Entity

The idea of a LiveCD has been proposed before, but no one has taken it on.
I've been hoping I could get to it ever since an article was published
in one of the british Linux mags about modifying Knoppix.

The best LiveCD would probly be based on Knoppix, removing all the other
WM's, and putting DR16.7 in place, and then making all the EFL libs and
DR17 apps (elicit, entice, evidence, euphoria, etc) avalible.  Add in the
usual favorites if they aren't there (fresh GAIM, irssi, xchat2, etc).

I doubt this is really all that hard, it's just very time consuming.

benr.