On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 13:44:27 +0800
Wouter van Marle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...]
> For long time I would like to test these programs. However every time I
> got stuck on the compiling part... it often just doesn't work for me, I
> get lost in the options I have to add (or remove: such as the opengl
> problems), and in the end I haven't managed to get it going and
> basically gave up.
[...]

A while ago, I've compiled nearly all the stuff from e17-CVS (without e
itself, of course) on my MDK10.0 / Cooker.

The main problem was to make him use automake-1.7 instead of 1.4 and
autoconf-2.5 instead of 2.13 (which are defaults at least on the 10.0RC1 I
used in this days)

You also have to install masses of *-devel-*.rpm .

Yesterday I've compiled e16.7pre5 also cleanly and run it now.

Regards,

Friedrich