Linux wrote:

I was wondering if any Gentoo users have emerged Entrance & E17.  I see
that both of these & all the dependencies for them are masked.  But I am
guessing they work pretty well even  if not totally stable.  I also
expect that E17 is not fully functional yet since it's still being
written.  Mostly I would just like to see how it's going and play with
it.

So, is it same to emerge both of these without destroying anything? And
would I be correct that E17 / E16 are slotted so they can coexist?

One other question, does E17 use the same *.menu files as E16?  Can I
take .enlightenment/file.menu and other such files and simply copy them
to the E17 directory?

Thank you in advance for your answers.
Adrian

No, there is currently no building of E17 in gentoo. Entrance builds and works fine, but DR17 isn't there. The ebuild existed at one point, but it's totally outdated (about a year, if not more). Forget about DR17 until the EFL are completed. Patience my friend, patience. Entrance is a good and easy build on gentoo though. It will install the EFL snapshots present in portage, and everything should go well, but don't hope for DR17 just yet. As to the menu files, I honestly don't know.

Cheers,
John