On Sun 05 Sep 2004, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 14:33:37 +0200 Szymon Boniecki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have switched to Entrace lately and I love this rotating logo
> > greeting me every morning.
> >
> > I was wondering, though, how to pass arguments for the X server when
> > starting entranced? I'd, for example, like to set -dpi 96.
> >
> > And is there possibility to tell entranced not to use second head
> > when Xinerama is enabled? I've got different resolutions on my
> > heads and some Entrance options appear on 'black areas', hide
> > in fact.
> > In those gloomy times when I used gdm, the greeting screen was
> > displayed only on the first head and the desktop was streched
> > to the second after I've logged in.
>
> i think this needs to go on the "things to be fixed" list :)

Agreed, those are both TODO items, and thank you for reminding me of them.
Unfortunately I don't have access to a Xinerama setup so even if I tried
to add support for it, I wouldn't be able to test. A patch would certainly
be welcome.

Ability to customize the X server command and other config options for
Entranced are actually quite high on the priority list at the moment. I
intend to move the whole thing over to ecore_config and then add a bunch
of configurable options for the spawner.

--

Ibukun Olumuyiwa
http://xcomputerman.com

"God is dead." - Nietzche