I do this, and it's terrific. Why drag things across monitors when they are different resolutions and quality (as in my case). I use monitor 0 for
panel (kicker), email, and newsgroups, and compiling (1024x768) and monitor 1 for browsing, graphics, program testing, windows (boo hiss) at 1280x1024.

My ONLY gripe is that E thinks the desktops are the same for both monitor
heads, so my background and settings and themes are the same for each
desktop on each monitor.

Interestingly, I can change a theme on one monitor, but that will become the default for E next boot for both screens.

hmm...I had thought it would be an easy fiddle to create a second .enlightenment
directory, then edit .xinitrc with something like

/usr/bin/enlightenment -display :0.0 &
/usr/bin/enlightenment -econfdir=.enlightenment-secondary -display :0.1

and start her up with startx. But...it didn't work (it spawns four instances of e).
Baffling. Now if I do the same thing but with

xterm -display :0.0 &
xterm -display :0.1

in .xinitrc it works as I expected. What is the mechanics behind this - are they
deliberately intended to operate in a different fashion? And if it is supposed to
spawn across the multiple screen numbers, is it possible to send each command
unique arguments?

Regards,
Daniel Stonier.

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.net email is sponsored by: IT Product Guide on ITManagersJournal Use IT products in your business? Tell us what you think of them. Give us Your Opinions, Get Free ThinkGeek Gift Certificates! Click to find out more http://productguide.itmanagersjournal.com/guidepromo.tmpl _______________________________________________ enlightenment-users mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/enlightenment-users