On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 16:01:12 +0200, Oded Arbel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thursday, 3 ×March 2005 08:54, Didier Casse wrote:
> > On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 07:42:09 +0100, Christoph Peltz
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > H3, H3,
> > >
> > > I think I have found it:
> > > Edit the file /etc/sysconfig/desktop and change the following
> > > setting: DISPLAYMANAGER="entrance"
> > > It should work, I hope so ^^.
> >
> > For Fedora core, it's not so straightforward as you need also to
> > hack:
> >
> > /etc/X11/prefdm
>
> > If anybody finds a really good and straightforward way to install
> > entrance on Fedora, please let me know.
>
> I have entrance running on Mandrake, and I do not believe it to be
> difficult to have the same method working on fedora.
> After setting DISPLAYMANAGER in /etc/sysconfig/desktop (I use the value
> "e17" and hence the next example will use it as well - but replace it
> with whatever you want), edit prefdm with the following:
>
> locate the lines that say prefered=gdm, prefered=xdm, etc' and add to
> the bottom of the list:
>
> elif [ "$DISPLAYMANAGER" = "E17" -o "$DISPLAYMANAGER" = "e17" ] ; then
>       preferred=entranced
>
> thats it - you are now good to go: restart X ('service dm restart' on
> Mandrake, maybe 'init 3; init 5' elsewhere. don't just zap it with
> CTRL-ALT- BACKSPACE) and entrance should come up.
>
> --
> Oded
>
> ::..
> Timing has an awful lot to do with the outcome of a raindance.

Here is what i've done in FC 3  So far doesn't work
changed the line in gdm.conf
greeter=/usr/bin/greeter   to  greeter=/usr/bin/entrance

when i rebooted,  entrance launched  but would not load enlightenment or gnome
I think entrance should be called instead of gdm but don't know where
to do this.

--

Jim Lawrence
Registered Linux User: #376813