On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 09:41:15 -0700 [EMAIL PROTECTED] babbled:

> This is hard to describe, so here's a link to see the problem:
>
>       http://advena.webhop.org/~mark/screenshot.jpg
>
> The "screen" occupies only the upper left corner of the display - the
> blank area in the image occupies the rest of the display. I can move
> windows anywhere on the display, and the pager sees them just fine. I
> know there are multiple reminders :) of the development status of the
> code, but I thought someone might be interested in seeing this and/or
> commenting on it.
>
> This is on mandrake 10.1, pulled E17 from cvs last night.

that is one weird resolution (1680x1050)!

i would bet it has something to do with xinerama. basically e17 uses xinerama
info to find what parts of the root window are "looked at" by each screen
(xinerama worsk like this:)

+-----------------------------+
|+------------+               |
||            |   +--------+  |
||  Scr 1     |   |        |  |
||            |   | Scr 2  |  |
|+------------+   |        |  |
|  Root Window    +--------+  |
+-----------------------------+

your "root window" is the entire screen  it may extend BEYOND the visibile parts
of your monitors. (this happens when you have 2 monitors with one a lower res
than the other). the 2 screens can look at ANY part of the root window, and be
any size. they can even overlap. in fact i have found this is happening when you
have "tv out" enabled on some drivers.

anyway - SOMETHING must be advertising a xinerama setup where 2 of these
"viewports" overlap. the problem is that right now e17's handling of overlapping
screen geometries is primitive. it takes the first and throws away any others
that overlap - it considers these as "wrong" or as "extra viewports" that arent
needed (they are just extra info for tv out etc.).

now you might want to check your x setup - do you have 2 screen outs (tv out) if
so, disable it. we need to work on the support for this code - but as i said.
it's primitive right now and so u will just have to simplify your setup until we
get to making it more sophisticated (eg detecting overlapping viewports and
having some smart "auto detect" that uses the biggest one of the 2 not just the
first. also being able to configure which ones you want to use or not and how,
and recording this config info etc.)

裸好多                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)