Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> this is a gnome issue as such. you have to run gnome-settings-deamon
> at startup. beware. it takes forever to start and thrashes your disk
> wildly and uses lots of resources. you basically begin to feel like
> you are running gnome.

I met the same issue while runnig gnome-settings-daemon inside of e16.

Ive got a problem with keyboard layout switch also.
It was 'fixed' this strange way - I deleted all gnome configs from my
home dir. after that I was able to use both keyboard layouts.

didnt get exactly which gnome config file is responsible
for that at the moment... lack of time....
:-)

--
maverick.