On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 07:03:18PM +0200, Bradley Reed wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 16:56:46 +0100
> "J. Erik Heinz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > Just curious, but what linux distro are you using?
> > Not really Linux - FreeBSD.
>
> How do you like FreeBSD? I've been thinking about giving it a try.
> Are you generally able to compile most things written for linux on it?
>
> I'm running Slackware myself.
I like it - especially the ports-collection. I don't know if you a
confirm with the ports. It's like the debian apt-get or gentoo. Or let's say
they've taken the idea from FreeBSD.
2 days ago I installed Tomcat. it was just a oneliner:
        make install clean
That's amazing. If you need a program just search the ports and
install it. Until now I did not need to compile anything from the
source - ok today e16.8.
  --> end thats the first Programm i have problems with! unfortunatly.
The enlightenment in the ports work fine, but i need a feature that's
only in 16.8 thats why i want to grade up.

If you need a linux program you have as well the choice to enable the
linux-support. So you can install linux binary an work with it - if
you need.

BACK to my PROBLEM:
to comment out the PKG_CHECK_MODULES did just work for the folder e.
Under e16keyedit I got more complicated erros. So I tried e17 from the
Ports. Could perhaps work, but:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED] e # ./autogen.sh
        Running aclocal...
        config.status: creating Makefile
        config.status: error: cannot find input file: Makefile.in
I checked the cvs - there is no Makefile.in???

Is it generated during the autogen.sh ?

Regards Erik

--
J. Erik Heinz