Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:29:06 +0100 Thijs Thiessens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>babbled:
>

>>Hello!
>>
>>I've been experimenting with some code.. I want to build a kind of
>>framework that allows me to be working more naturally with a computer.
>>
>>Look at http://thies061.speed.planet.nl/libura/e/mockup/libura_Ecalc.png
>>
>>Any comments? Or suggestions? Or you think it's as stupid as hell. ;)
>>

>no - it's not such a bad idea - mind you, it's not going to be very popular
>amongst the existing developer/user base :) they like having 5 or 10 windows
>up... and switching.
>
>which i have to say works
>very well for limited purpose devices :) for a pc it may be a little limiting
>though :)

Hi there,

that's exact my optinion.
for limited devices (and perhaps for ppl with limited capabilies) it
could be
useful, but for a (my) workstation, it's more limiting than helpful.

Because 5-10 Windows are the least i have open, mostly it are more and
it would
drive me nuts, to just see one window at a time.
but hey, if it's a pluggable module, why not...

but to keep the ideas flowing:

how about some mouse-gesture-feature?
i'm working with a 3200x1200 resolution and sometimes it nerves to push
the mouse from one to end the other end. a quick mouse-gesture could help
there (normally i use the keyboard for such things, but sometimes i'm
too lazy to
change from mouse to keyboard and there it could be helpful.)

i'm thinking, for example, about the middle mouse button on the desktop
to see the
window-list. what if both screens are full? then u first have to shade
or iconize
one window, use the window list, then reget your window.

with mouse-gestures, one could simply hold the right button to enable MG
and then
draw a short line, which would open the window-menu at mouse-position.

the main reason i talk about such a feature, is that it has the
potential to create
some cool graphical effects. i'm thinking about flames which follow the
mouse
while right key is pressed (so u can 'firepaint' directly on the screen,
to see your
gesture)

it's just a thought i have since a long time (i wouldn't need this
feature often, but
sometimes it would really help)

greets, Christian Pedaschus

ps. if this was already discussed, excuse me, i'm quite new to the list.