Hi all,

Unfortunately, I need to warn everyone NOT to run this at root.
I, using Gentoo Linux, ran the script and saw ALL my files
disappear in a beat of a second. I'll spend the night
reinstalling all my system and I hope that I didn't lost ALL my
work. Oh well, next time, make me remember "DON'T RUN THIS AS
ROOT!"

This is what I saw:
euler ~ # /home/pmatos/Build-e17-0.2.8.4.sh
What shall be the building directory? It has to with end e17
[Please specify one
, e.g.: /usr/local/e17]

Where are E17's sources, taken from CVS? [Please specify one,
e.g.:/usr/local/sr
c/e17]
/home/pmatos/e17
Ok, the source is in '/home/pmatos/e17' and the building
directory will be ''
Removing left-overs and old stuff
rm: cannot remove `/dev/input/mice': Operation not permitted
rm: cannot remove `/dev/input/mouse0': Operation not permitted
rm: cannot remove `/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/cd':
Operation not permitte
rm: cannot remove `/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/generic':
Operation not per
mitted
rm: cannot remove `/dev/mem': Operation not permitted
rm: cannot remove `/dev/kmem': Operation not permitted
rm: cannot remove `/dev/null': Operation not permitted
rm: cannot remove `/dev/port': Operation not permitted
rm: cannot remove `/dev/zero': Operation not permitted
rm: cannot remove `/dev/full': Operation not permitted
rm: cannot remove `/dev/random': Operation not permitted
rm: cannot remove `/dev/urandom': Operation not permitted
rm: cannot remove `/dev/kmsg': Operation not permitted
rm: cannot remove `/dev/fb/0': Operation not permitted
rm: cannot remove directory `/dev/shm': Device or resource busy
rm: cannot remove `/dev/.devfsd': Operation not permitted
rm: cannot remove `/dev/misc/psaux': Operation not permitted
rm: cannot remove `/dev/misc/fbsplash': Operation not permitted
(...)

Cheers,

Paulo Matos

Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse said:
> Hello everybody outthere using my Build-e17 script,
>
> The script has been updated to version 0.2.8.4, this is mainly
> a bugfix
> release. See [1] for more information. Or download the script
> right away
> at [2].
>
> Please feed my back with comments and feedback ;-)
>
> Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse
>
> ps: sorry, I forgot the URL's:
> [1] http://www.shodan.nl/~jasper/e17/
> [2]
> http://www.shodan.nl/~jasper/e17/content/downloads/Build-e17-0.2.8.4.sh
>
> --
> BSD is designed, Linux is grown; the choice is yours.

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm
Computer and Software Engineering
INESC-ID - SAT Group