> As I said to Massimo, I cannot agree completely with you. I understand what
> you say and it's pretty logic. But I do use the same mouse on the same port
> and I have NO problem what-so-ever when running E16 and KDE. So, X handles
> it well in those cases and misbehaves when running E17? I might be wrong,
> but it seems something else...

it's nothing to do with e17 - the mouse cursor's movement is controlled by x -
and input it gets from the mouse device. the ONLY time e moves the pointer
itself is when u alt-tab or when you have just flipped desktops by moving the
mouse to the edge of the screen. all other movement and button pressing is
controlled by x - e doesn't see mouse event data until its been through x from
the device already and x has already moved the pointer somewhere. this is how x
works as such.

> I don't what to do to track the problem down, so that I could find the real
> reason, but I'll be glad to work it if someone bring me some light.. :)

i can say it's not e's fault as such as it doesn't play with the mouse device.
it only gets mouse events once the mouse cursor has already been moved by x.
except when it does alt-tab and virtual desktop flipping.

裸好多                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)