On 8/16/05, Mike Russo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is it possible for a terminal application to render to E17's background
> canvas, just like the modules do, in order to provide a simulation of
> the fake transparency we've all come to know and love (or at least
> immortalize in screenshots)? If so, are there any plans for Eterm (for
> Example) to support this? Or am I completely off-base?

You need one of two things:

1) The terminal being a module
2) Using something like Evoak on the E17 desktop.

Since I think (2) isnt going to happen anytime soon, I'll tell you a
bit about (1). The terminal needs to be an evas smart object or a
complete module that renders everything on the desktop. Currently,
Enterminus can do that (its a smart object so you can stick it in a
module and it works) but its terminal emulation code still needs a
good amount of work.

--
Hisham Mardam Bey
MSc (Computer Science)