On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:09:47 -0400 "David P. Donahue" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
babbled:

> Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> >
> > change to sloppy focus (see enlightenment_remote)
> >

> Ah, there it is.  I really should read all those enlightenment_remote
> options.  Thanks!
>

> > alt+click or enable clicks always raise windows option in
> > enlightenment_remote
> >

> Another reply mentioned that alt+click thing, which I'm actually finding
> better because it gives me more control over when I want this behavior
> to happen.  Very nice :)

yup - also doubles as a window move operation. alt + middle mouse for resize
also does the raise too :)

> > eaps are compiled from src data - they no longer have anything to do with
> > the original source format. the image data is re-encoded into eet's image
> > data storage mechanisms. these are designed to be compact and fast wherever
> > possible.
> >

> So no performance difference, that's cool.  How about usable file types?
>  For example, can it use a Windows .ico file?  I guess I could just
> experiment with a bunch of different types, but I figured you guys would
> know off-hand which ones (and any limitations within a type...
> layering/transparency/etc.)

the eap fiels IS an edje file - the graphics are laid out in an edje - so the
limitations are what edje can do - whihc is far and beyond any image format
u'll be using regularly :) right now its compiled with edje_cc - it happens to
use imlib2 to load the image (the only use of imlib2 in e17 actually is in
edje_cc and edje_decc and edje_thumb tools). that means it loads whatever
imlib2 can load - but no imlib2 has no .ico loader. this may change one day.
i'd say just stick to png and jpeg and then you have all bases covered as they
together provide lossless with alpha channels and lossy image compression.

> > they are edje files. you compile these from source (generally .edc files)
> > using edje_cc. see www.get-e.org for info. www.cuddletech.com has an edje
> > cookbook - a bit old though. there are other places too for info on how
> > edje works. its a bit like flash/swf in some ways. you'll need to come to
> > grips with edje to make themes. once u have edje under the belt modifying
> > an existing theme will be no trouble. youc an decompile a theme with
> > edje_decc (the default theme doesnt decompile - i know. i need to fix that
> > eventually in the decompiler). you can see all the .edc soruces in e17's
> > src tree - or try another theme to decompile :)
> >

> I hadn't seen that edje_decc tool until an earlier response pointed it
> out.  I think that's all I'll want to use to get started.  I'll just
> play around with mixing and matching image files at first and use the
> build.sh script it generates to put it back together.  I'll worry about
> more advanced stuff over time, since it's entirely possible that things
> may change anyway.
>

> > but not complete! :(
> >

> Every programmer knows that software is never complete :)
> "Perfection is a journey, not a destination."  -Chiun
>
> Thanks for the help once again, all!
>

> Regards,
> David P. Donahue
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://www.cyber0ne.com

裸好多                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)